Deputy U.S. Surgeon General: “We need to destigmatize addiction”
At the 2017 AMSUS Annual Conference in National Harbor, MD, Deputy Surgeon General of the United States Rear Adm. Sylvia Trent-Adams discusses the top priorities of the Office of the U.S. Surgeon General.
Catch the rest of our special coverage from AMSUS this Sunday at 10:30 a.m. on ABC7 in Washington D.C. and at various times around the world on the American Forces Network. Our interview lineup includes:
- Vice Adm. Raquel Bono, director of the Defense Health Agency
- Thomas McCaffery, principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for health affairs
- Dr. Carolyn Clancy, deputy under secretary for health for organizational excellence at the Veterans Health Administration
- Dr. Arthur Kellermann, dean of the school of medicine at Uniformed Services University
- U.S. Army Capt. Eric Elster, professor of surgery at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences