The Trump Administration started encouraging federal agencies to move their operations to the cloud years ago. Last Summer, the Office of Management and Budget finalized “Cloud Smart” – a policy that challenged agencies to improve cloud adoption through security, procurement, and workforce. For most of 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has served as an acute catalyst – forcing many agencies to adopt cloud services in short order so they can accommodate an exponentially larger remote workforce. This 30-minute program will bring together thought leaders from the public and private sectors for a look at some of the challenges to and best practices for Cloud in government.
Appearing on this program with Francis Rose, Government Matters Thought Leadership Network:
- Rob Brown, Chief Technology Officer, USCIS
- Yemi Oshinnaiye, Deputy Chief Information Officer, USCIS
- Nicholas Speece, Technical Leader, Snowflake Federal
- Eddie Pool, Executive Director of Solution Delivery, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Nick Weber, STRIDES Program Manager, NIH
- Jamie Baker, Senior Manager, Federal Civilian, Amazon Web Services
- Melinda Rogers, Acting Chief Information Officer, DOJ
This show is brought to you by Amazon Web Services & Snowflake
This sponsored program was created in conjunction with the Government Matters Thought Leadership Network. Government employees were not compensated and do not endorse any companies associated with this program.