The passage of the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act brought with it a charge for government to modernize its technology infrastructure through the Modernizing Government Technology Act (MGT Act.) The law spurred agencies to enhance mission effectiveness, reduce cybersecurity risks and build a modern IT workforce in order to deliver better service to citizens. We’ll explore the approach that government is taking in technology modernization through migrating to the cloud. Government and industry thought leaders will talk about the MGT Act and its goals as well as the role that federal cybersecurity standards play in cloud adoption.
Appearing on this program with Francis Rose, Government Matters Thought Leadership Network:
- Gary Washington, Chief Information Officer, United States Department of Agriculture
- Dominic Sale, Assistant Commissioner of Operations, FAS Technology Transformation, General Services Administration
- Pamela Walker, Vice President, Federal Public Sector, IT Alliance for the Public Sector
- Mike Wilkerson, Executive Director, Sales Engineering, Rubrik
- Rebecca Fitzhugh, Principal Technologist, Rubrik
This show is brought to you by Rubrik Federal. This sponsored program was created in conjunction with the Government Matters Thought Leadership Network. Government employees were not compensated and do not endorse any companies associated with this program.