Government Matters (Full Show) — December 23, 2018
The partial government shutdown continued Sunday. Congress and the President could not agree on a funding deal to re-open nine federal departments and other government agencies.
The shutdown is partial because Congress passed and President Trump signed appropriations for the rest of government months ago.
For a status update on the shutdown and its impact on federal workers & contractors, watch the video above. It features insight and analysis from the following experts:
– Jack Fitzpatrick, Congressional Reporter at Bloomberg Government
– Aaron Boyd, Senior Editor at Nextgov
– Jessica Klement, Staff Vice President of Advocacy at NARFE
– Dan Blair, Senior Counselor at the Bipartisan Policy Center
– Terry Gerton, President and CEO of NAPA
– Stan Soloway, Founder of Celero Strategies
For more information, check out these Agency Contingency Plans from the Office of Management and Budget.