*Correction: In the above video, Emilda Rivers’ title is incorrect. Her title is Director, National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics within the National Science Foundation.
As the country emerges and recovers from the global pandemic, clear opportunities exist for the federal government to use data systems and analytics to develop better policies, improve public services, and promote trust in national systems and institutions. The GovDATAx 2021 conference, hosted by the Data Coalition in partnership with Government Matters Thought Leadership Network, focuses on topics such as the role the U.S. plays in leading data modernization, aligning data needs to improve the delivery of benefits and strengthen anti-poverty programs — and, importantly, how data officials in government can adopt simple approaches around data governance and literacy to improve services.
Appearing on this program with Mimi Geerges, Government Matters Thought Leadership Network:
- Paul Ryan, former speaker of the House and founder of the America Idea Foundation
- Rep. Don Beyer, Virginia, member of the U.S. House Committee on Science, Space & Technology
- Emilda B. Rivers, Director, National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics within the National Science Foundation
- Dorothy Aronson, Chief Information Officer and Chief Data Officer, National Science Foundation
- Naomi Goldstein, Assistant Secretary for Planning, Research and Evaluation, Office of the Administration for Children and Families, HHS
- Melissa Forbes, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Office of Response and Recovery, FEMA
- Lynn Overmann, Senior Advisor for Data and Technology, USDA
- Kshemendra Paul, Chief Data Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Natalie Evans Harris, Senior Advisor, Department of Commerce
- Anna Hui, Director, Missouri Department of Labor
- Mark Schneider, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education
- Nick Hart, Data Foundation president, on behalf of the Data Coalition Initiative
- Michael Chappell, Senior Manager, EY
- David Waltman, Vice President, Strategy and Technology at Cerner Government Services, Cerner
This show is brought to you by Ernst & Young (EY)
This sponsored program was created in conjunction with the Government Matters Thought Leadership Network. Government employees were not compensated and do not endorse any companies associated with this program.