The President’s Management Agenda (PMA) identified three pillars that are driving deep-seated transformation in government. These ambitious goals are vital to fulfilling DoD’s next-generation mission to enhance federal IT and digital services, reduce cybersecurity risks to the federal mission, and build a modern IT workforce. Collectively, these are the catalyst to dramatically accelerate the DoD’s IT modernization efforts to improve services and the security posture of federal IT.
In this briefing, we’ll explore the approach that DoD is taking to IT modernize and transform I.T. We’ll hear from DoD thought leaders from the Defense Health Agency, the U.S. Coast Guard, DoD and CenturyLink, as they discuss examples of transformation in progress, and we’ll gain insight from private sector partners working in tandem with DOD.
Key topics this program will cover:
- Detail how the Department of Defense is moving from merely transitioning to new technologies to transforming its approach to modernization of I.T.
- Discuss best practices in developing more innovative, secure, and modern I.T. capability in the Department of Defense.
- Review the role of commercially available systems as well as private sector involvement in lowering cost and enhancing effectiveness in the Department of Defense and the services.
Appearing on this program with Francis Rose, Government Matters Thought Leadership Network:
- Pat Flanders, Chief Information Officer, Defense Health Agency
- Rear Adm. David Dermanelian, Assistant Commandant for C4IT (CG6), U.S. Coast Guard
- David Wennergren, Managing Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Former Deputy Chief Information Officer, Department of Defense
- David Young, Senior Vice President of Strategic Government, CenturyLink
- Scott Barnett, Vice President, Department of Defense Practice, CenturyLink
This program is brought to you by CenturyLink. This program was created in conjunction with the Government Matters Thought Leadership Network. Government employees were not compensated and do not endorse any companies associated with this program.